If you’ve been following me for a while, you’ll know that I already have a few foaming wash recipes.
Because this is AMAZING! It is delicious, divine, lush. I am officially in love with this combo, and my face is a fan too! The inclusion of rose water is a luxurious ingredient in this recipe (it helps to calm irritation, soothe and hydrate skin) however, it may be out of budget for some.
If this is the case, you can try lavender water; plain ‘ol water works too – it just won’t have the same blissful aroma in my opinion.
Makes: 200 g | 7.1 oz Prep time: < 5 min.
65 g | 2.3 oz liquid castile soap
15-20 drops of essential oils
135 g | 4.8 oz rose water
My choice of essential oils…
My favourite essential oils in this recipe are ylang ylang and frankincense, but don’t be limited by my suggestions. Use oils that fit your budget, or those that you already have in your collection. Read here for more information.
Special container required…
- Add castile soap and essential oils to a bowl and mix until combined.
- Wait a few minutes (this gives the essential oils time to disperse within the castile soap), add rose water and mix until combined.
- Transfer into foaming pump bottle.
Massage 1-2 pumps of foam over face and neck. Rinse with warm water.
- You might find it easier to add ingredients directly into your soap dispenser (a foaming pump bottle must be used for this recipe)
- I strongly suggest you check out the blog posts under “Recommended Reading“