If you’ve been following me for a while, you’ll know that I already have a few foaming wash recipes. One for the face, body and hands. So why introduce another face wash recipe? Because this is AMAZING! It is delicious, divine, lush. I am officially in love with this combo, and my face is a fan too!
The inclusion of Rose Hydrosol is a luxurious (and worthwhile) ingredient n this recipe, however, it may be out of budget for some. If this is the case, Lavender Hydrosol can be substituted, or plain ‘ol water. It just won’t have the same blissful aroma in my opinion.
You can use this recipe morning and night. Follow with a simple Green Tea & Rose Facial Toner (p.19 in The Inspired Little Book) and then moisturise – I like the Apricot Kernel Facial Oil (p.22 in The Inspired Little Book) or this Face Lotion.
(links provided for ingredients available here at The Inspired Little Pot)
130g rose hydrosol
60g castile soap
5g jojoba oil
8 drops ylang ylang essential oil
6 drops frankincense essential oil
- Add all ingredients directly to a foaming pump bottle and shake gently to combine.
- Use 1-2 pumps and massage onto face and neck, morning and night.
- Store out of direct sunlight.
- A foaming pump bottle must be used.
- This recipe should hold a shelf life of at least 6-8 weeks.
- Always keep an eye on your DIY creations. If there is any change to colour or aroma, or you believe the product is spoiling, it is safest to discard.
- Castile soap is a concentrated soap made from olive oil. Check my store for beautiful handmade castile soap.
- This blend of essential oils can be changed. I love frankincense for its anti-aging, wrinkle-fighting properties. Ylang Ylang is great for complexion.
- Rose Hydrosol helps to calm irritation, soothe and hydrate skin.