If you've been following me for a while, you'll know that I already have a few foaming wash recipes. One for the face, body and hands. So why introduce another face wash recipe? Because this is AMAZING! It is delicious, divine, lush. I am officially in love with this combo, and my face is a fan too!
The inclusion of Rose Hydrosol is a luxurious (and worthwhile) ingredient in this recipe, however, it may be out of budget for some. If this is the case, Lavender Hydrosol can be substituted, or plain 'ol water. It just won't have the same blissful aroma in my opinion.
You can use this recipe morning and night. Follow with a simple Green Tea & Rose Facial Toner (p.19 in The Inspired Little Book) and then moisturise - I like the Apricot Kernel Facial Oil (p.22 in The Inspired Little Book) or this Face Lotion.
(links provided for ingredients available here at The Inspired Little Pot)
60g Castile soap
5g jojoba oil (optional - oil won't mix with water so you would need to shake the bottle prior to using if you include the jojoba oil)
130g rose hydrosol
- Add castile soap and essential oils (add jojoba here too if you're using it) to a foaming pump bottle and swirl gently to combine. Wait a few minutes before adding water (this gives the essential oils some time to disperse within the Castile soap).
- Then top with rose hydrosol and shake gently to combine.
- Use 1-2 pumps and massage onto face and neck, morning and night.
- Store out of direct sunlight.
- Don’t be limited by my essential oil suggestions. They can be substituted with oils that fit your budget, or with those that you already have in your collection. I recommend that you source essential oils from a brand you trust. Do your research. Ensure that crops are grown and harvested without the use of pesticides and that chemical processes are not used when the oils are extracted. Do not rely on statements on labels such as ‘100% pure’. I now stock essential oils from brands I trust – you can check them out here. Refer to this blog post for inspiration on essential oil blends
- I love frankincense for its anti-aging, wrinkle-fighting properties. Ylang ylang is great for complexion.
- Castile soap is a concentrated soap made from olive oil. Check my store for beautiful handmade castile soap.
- Rose Hydrosol helps to calm irritation, soothe and hydrate skin.
- A foaming pump bottle must be used.