A long soak in a bath is something I think we all need to treat ourselves to every now and then.
If a full body bath is out of the question, go for a foot bath; we absorb a great deal of goodness and expel
Epsom salt works to detox, soothe and relax the body, and aids in reducing inflammation; citric acid softens water and helps to give bath bombs their fizz; bicarb is antifungal, antiseptic and gently exfoliating, and excellent at eliminating
Makes: 500 g | 17.6 oz Prep time: < 5min.
300 g | 10.6 oz
100 g | 3.5 oz citric acid
100 g | 3.5 oz sodium bicarbonate (bicarb)
1 tbsp ground spirulina
20 drops of essential oils
My choice of essential oils…
- Add all ingredients to a bowl and mix until combined.
- Transfer into
containerof choice. (Check out our packaging options here.)
Add 1 cup of mixture to a running bath of warm (not hot) water. Soak for at least 20-30 minutes.
- If you want the layered look (as pictured), make another batch without spirulina. Or split this batch and only add spirulina to half. Then layer in a glass jar.
- The spirulina will turn the bath slightly green. Not enough to stain anything. If you find the bath salt goes hard in the jar, use a spoon to break it up.
- Adding one teaspoon of vitamin C powder to bath water while it is filling, helps to
neutralisethe chlorine present in unfiltered tap water, and I highly recommend getting some. For more info about the effects of chlorine, head over to the Super Soak Bath Salts recipe.
- I strongly suggest you check out the blog posts under “Recommended Reading“.