You know you’re onto a winner when your reluctant-to-conform-to-change-
I will admit, it took a while to get him off the supermarket crap as there was no way he was going to rub a balm into his hairy pits. I kinda don’t blame him and kudos to you, if you or your husband are happy with the balm; keep using it! A spray was so much easier to gently persuade him, and I imagine it would be a hit among the teenagers too.
This formula is a LONG time coming. I have used it flat out over the past few months and even after a game of netball in goal attack, still no stink. My husband says by the very end of a long day he may smell a
Read this blog for tips on transitioning to natural deodorant. Happy spraying!
Makes: 80 g | 2.8 oz Prep time: < 5 min.
15 g | 0.5 oz hot water (see recipe notes)
15 g | 0.5 oz magnesium chloride flakes
50 g | 1.8 oz witch hazel
20 drops of essential oils
My choice of essential oils…
- Add hot water and magnesium to a bowl and mix until all magnesium has dissolved.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix until combined.
- Transfer into
containerof choice (I store mine in a master jar and refill a glass spray bottle like this one).
Apply 1-2 sprays under each arm, onto clean armpits. Since oil and water don’t mix, you’ll need to shake well prior to each use.
- Water should be distilled, purified or pre-boiled and cooled to extend shelf life.
- If you remove hair prior to applying deodorant, you may feel a sting. It does subside but I recommend removing hair at night, and not applying anything until morning.
- See my magnesium oil recipe for notes on the benefits of magnesium.
- I strongly suggest you check out the blog posts under “Recommended Reading“.