Did you know you can adjust the essential oils in any of my foaming wash recipes to create new formulas for face, hands, body etc?
I personally like using geranium, lavender, and rosemary in my face wash (with a few drops of frankincense to give it a potent boost of amazing-ness) but if you struggle with spots, tea tree and lavender is great for acne prone skin.
So I encourage you to give this foaming face wash a whirl and replace another commercial product with a safer, cheaper, homemade alternative!!
Makes: 200 g | 7.1 oz Prep time: < 5 min.
65 g | 2.3 oz liquid castile soap
15-20 drops of essential oils
135 g | 4.8 oz water (see recipe notes)
My choice of essential oils…
My favourite essential oils in this recipe are geranium, lavender and rosemary but don’t be limited by my suggestions. Use oils that fit your budget, or those that you already have in your collection. Read here for more information.
Special container required…
- Add castile soap and essential oils to a bowl and mix until combined.
- Wait a few minutes (this gives the essential oils time to disperse within the castile soap), add water and mix until combined.
- Transfer into foaming pump bottle.
Massage 1-2 pumps of foam over face and neck. Rinse with warm water.
- Water should be distilled, purified or pre-boiled and cooled to extend shelf life.
- You might find it easier to add ingredients directly into your soap dispenser (a foaming pump bottle must be used for this recipe).
- I strongly suggest you check out the blog posts under “Recommended Reading“.